Saturday, November 5, 2011

I know most people do not like to categorize toddlers but can I tell if my 2 year old is advanced?

My 2 year old (27months) just amazes me, which of course 2 years old amaze all parents, but I have sometimes she leaves me completely speechless. She remembers directions in the car if she wants to go to her favorite places, basically telling me make a left or a right, she says about 10-15 word sentences."Mommy can you go get my bottle please, its downstairs, in the fridge" This sentence came out clear as day she knows about 10 kiddie songs word for word, and too many radio songs, Her pediatrician said that she seems very advanced but they do not recommend an IQ test until 3 years old. I just want to know what other parents may have experienced. She knows most of the alphabet i mean by seeing it, of course she knows the song. Her nanny is Spanish and she understands and responds in Spanish, and she speaks to me in English so she knows the distinction. I am not sure how many words she can say, I just think about what she can not say yet, she practically learned a song after me singing it like 2 times. And she remembers the names of 7 students in her cl...just wondering...any answers would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment