Friday, November 11, 2011

Could I have IBD/Crohn's Disease?

I was diagnosed with IBS when I was 16 after a horrible bout of chronic diarrhea and pain. 10 years later my problems have gotten from worse to severe. Last summer I was hospitalized with gastritis, and had it off and on for the past year. I recently read that gastritis can be a complication of IBD. Since then my intestinal pain gets so bad that I can't walk and I nearly faint. I have had periods of violent vomiting attacks, incontinence and unexplained abdominal pain. A month ago I noticed I was having UTI symptoms and right rib pain, vomiting, chills and fever along with the worst intestinal pain yet. I was treated for a kidney infection, but the symptoms continued without infection. I found lots of information about IBD causing UTIs and rib pan. I'm starting to think that my IBS is BS and I really am having complications from inflammatory bowel disease. I think it runs in my family and might explain why my family has problems with kidney stones, gall stones and liver problems along with chronic diarrhea. Does this sound like IBD?

No comments:

Post a Comment