Monday, November 7, 2011

Are these good signs my child might not be autistic?

My son just turned 2 last month and he currently doesn't speak at all. (he goes to speech twice a week). before his year old birthday he babbled what sounded like mom and dad but all that went away so that is considered regression. he has been to a neurologist who will not diagnose him until he is 3 but lately he has been doing things he never has done before, like i bought him some sungles and he has been trying to put them on his face and today he brought them to me and layed them down beside me to put them on my face. when i put them on he laughed and my bf took them off of me and he put them on and my son climbed on the bed to my bf and took them off his face and layed them down beside me again as for me to put them on. he did this several different times and for Christmas my mom bought him a broom and he has been trying to sweep with it and he will also grab the real broom and mop and try to sweep and mop. he has also been paying me some attention lately by grabbing on my pants leg and wanting to get in the chair with me. I know this got long but I'm just wanting to know if all of these are good SIGNS that he may not be autistic. His pediatrician has pretty much wrote him off as being autistic since he was 18 months old. also he will initiate making a kissing noise at me and want me to do it back to him but he still prefers playing with strings over real toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment